The Urbana Free Library Foundation was established in 1997 as a non-profit organization managed by a volunteer Board of Directors. Following the completion of a successful capital campaign and expansion of the Library in 2005, the Foundation continues to advocate and promote support of the Library to benefit the community, meet the emerging needs of library users, and plan for future expansion.
Because of the high level of support that we have seen for the Library from the Urbana community in providing outstanding facilities and excellent patron services, we continually look to keep our Foundation Board a reflection of the citizens of Urbana. Please let us know if you have an interest in participating with us as a Board member (Foundation Board Information Packet and Foundation Bylaws).
Support the Foundation's Annual Campaign
Going strong for 145 years -- with your support!
The Urbana Free Library Foundation is launching their 2019-2020 Annual Campaign on Friday, November 8. Please check back to learn more!
The Urbana Free Library Foundation President Ruth Wyman talking about the 2018 annual campaign.
Support the Foundation Online or Print a PDF Form
The Foundation Board is a volunteer Board of Directors comprised of community members, representatives of the Library Board of Trustees, Friends of The Urbana Free Library, the City of Urbana, and the Library Administration.
E. Barbara Meyer
Mary Ellen Dorner
With your support the Foundation has been able to provide the following enhancements, which were outside of the Library’s budget:
- Purchase of the vacant corner lot at 202 W. Green Street
- Purchase of the corner lot, including a rental property, staff parking lot and greenspace at the southwest corner of Race and Green Streets
- Music programs for children and adults
- Upright piano for concerts in the Busey-Mills Reading Room
- Outdoor sculptures
- Cherry Alley Arch and Pavers
- Outdoor benches and planters
- Art @ Your Library
- Flower boxes on the Race Street porch
- Restoration of maps and drawings in the Champaign County Historical Archives