The Urbana Free Library receives a limited supply of forms and instruction booklets each year. In addition, we are happy to assist you in finding other forms through the IRS website. Printing from library computers costs 15¢ / page for black & white, 75¢ for color.
You can obtain your own forms and instructions from the IRS by choosing one of the following options:
- IRS.gov/Forms-&-Pubs - to view and download
- IRS.gov/uac/Forms-and-Publications-by-U.S.-Mail - to order tax products to be delivered by mail
- 1-800-829-3676 - to order tax products to be delivered by mail
Other resources available include photocopiers and a fax machine. The downtown branch of the Urbana Post Office is conveniently located one block east of the Library, adjacent to Lincoln Square Village.
Local Tax Assistance and Counseling
AARP Tax-Aide, Senior Services of Champaign County
The AARP Tax-Aide service is offered yearly February through April. This free service can answer most of the tax issues faced by middle- and low-income taxpayers, 60 and older. Volunteers are trained by the IRS, through a Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE) grant. Location and hours are typically announced by early February.
Non-native speakers of English and ESL students can find translation help here.
201 West Kenyon Road, Suite 4D
Champaign, IL 61820
Internal Revenue Service (IRS), Local Office
Walk-in service only.
310 West Church Street, Champaign
Internal Revenue Service (IRS), Phone Assistance
You may ask questions to help you prepare your tax return, or ask about a notice you have received.
Individuals: Toll-free, 1-800-829-1040
People with hearing impairments: Toll-free, 1-800-829-4059 (TDD)
Businesses: Toll-free, 1-800-829-4933
Illinois Department of Revenue (IDR)
The local IDR office closed in 2002, but phone help is available.
Individuals: Toll-free 1-800-732-8866 or 1-217-782-3336
People with hearing impairments: 1-800-544-5304 (TDD)
Business Hot Line: 1-217-524-4772
Tax Resources Online
- Free File: If your adjusted gross income was $60,000 or less you can use Free File to file federal taxes online.
- Illinois Department of Revenue (IDR): Consult this site for Illinois tax info or to file your IL-1040 online.
- Tax Information for Non-English speakers