Computer access is available throughout the Library, find workstations in:
- The Flex-n-Gate Computer Center on the second floor
- The Champaign County Historical Archives on the second floor, outfitted for local history and genealogy research
- The Children's Area on the ground floor
- Adult workstations are available for patrons accompanied by young children
- Youth workstations are available for patrons under the age of 8, they must be accompanied by a caregiver who is age 14 or older
- Sign into any workstation using your library card or request a guest pass at any service desk.
- Adult workstations are equipped with:
- Acrobat Reader
- VLC Media Player
- Internet Browsers: Google Chrome, Firefox, and Microsoft Edge
- Microsoft Office 2019: Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- The Flex-n-Gate Computer Center has two production computers outfitted with:
- All adult workstation software
- Full Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
- All workstations shut down 10 minutes before the Library closes.
By using computer workstations or personal laptop computers at the Library, users automatically agree to abide by the Library’s computer and internet use policy.
The Library offers free WiFi, courtesy of Volo.net.
Since early November 2023, The Urbana Free Library has hosted the world’s first publicly available quantum network. The network is the result of a partnership between the University of Illinois and Urbana-Champaign Big Broadband (UC2B). The setup, which recreates the experiment that was awarded the Nobel Prize in 2022, allows any Library patron to interact with the equipment and demonstrate for themselves how quantum particles interact. Learn more!
Laptop, Chromebook, and Tablet-Lending Service
Need to check out technology equipment?