More than 30,000 of the world’s best films, including award-winning documentaries, rare and hard-to-find titles, film festival favorites, and more.
- Kanopy offers more than 30,000 of the world’s best films, including award-winning documentaries, rare and hard-to-find titles, film festival favorites, indie and classic films, world cinema, and a wide array of foreign language films and films on social issues and current affairs.
- Kanopy Kids offers educational and entertainment videos for children of all ages.
- Titles are always available – No hold lists!
- You must have an internet connection to stream Kanopy films. Downloading is not available at this time.
- The loan period is 72 hours (3 days). Cardholders may stream 10 Kanopy titles per month.
- Films can be streamed from any computer, television, mobile device or platform by downloading the Kanopy app for iOS, Android, AppleTV, Chromecast or Roku, or by visiting www.kanopy.com to sign up.
- Search all titles through the app or your computer. You will not see them in the Library catalog or in your online Library account.
More information on how to use Kanopy
The Library also offers Hoopla movies / television programs. How do the two services differ?
- Hoopla offers more popular entertainment and allows downloading of programs for viewing offline. (Hoopla also offers music, eBooks and downloadable audiobooks.)
- Kanopy features more documentaries and educational content, as well as more independent and classic films.
- Kanopy always requires an internet connection to stream content (no downloading at this time).
- Urbana cardholders may check out 10 Kanopy titles each month and 10 items from Hoopla each month.