If you live in the Urbana School District but outside the City limits, it means you do not pay the tax that supports the library. You are eligible to get a non-resident library card, but you must pay a tax-substitute fee. This fee, calculated by the yearly amount of library tax your property would owe if it were within the City limits, allows all members of your household to receive their own library cards. For more information about non-resident cards and fees, call Circulation Services at 217-367-4057.

Non-resident library cards are issued for one year and have the same borrowing privileges as resident cards.

Students who live in non-resident areas and who attend Urbana School District #116 schools are eligible to receive a free library card. Call Circulation Services at 217-367-4057 for more information about non-resident student cards.