The Teen Open Lab has many opportunities to explore new ways to make cool stuff. We have graphics tablets that allow you to draw directly into a program (such as PaintTool SAI), vinyl cutters (to make stencils, labels, stickers, and pop-ups), sewing machines, and much more. You can combine these techniques to create your own unique pieces!
Art and Crafting Resources
- Turcom 6610 tablets, Wacom Intuos tablets, flatbed scanner, Fujitsu Lifebook Tablet
- Software - PaintTool SAI, FireAlpaca, Krita, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator CS6, Inkscape, Gimp
- Colored pencils, paper, pens, crayons, glue, construction paper, etc.
- Origami kit with paper and patterns
- Silhouette Cameo Electronic Cutter- make stencils, drawings, pop-ups and vinyl stickers!
- Brother CS6000i-Sewing machines! Start a new sewing creation with our two sewing machines, yards of fabric, colorful thread, stuffing, embroidery kit, and more
- Instruction materials (How to draw Manga, for example)