December 17 through February 28
For Children through grade 5
Children through grade 5 are invited to sign up for the Winter Reading Program and receive free books – just for reading!
- Each time you read 15 minutes, color an empty shape on the reading log.
- You can read anything – books, graphic novels, magazines, listen to audiobooks, TumbleBooks, or have someone read to you.
- When you have colored all the empty shapes, return your reading log to the children’s Question Desk by February 28 to receive a free book!
- You may complete 3 logs to receive a total of 3 prizes.
Logs can be obtained at the children’s Question Desk, or you can print a copy from home! (No registration necessary)
For Adults and Teens (6th grade and higher)
- Choose a free book from the prize cart for every 4 books you read (win up to 3 prizes).
- Keep track of what you read by recording each title in the reading log book stack.
- Enjoy a cookie treat from The Urbana Free Library Café with your first book prize.
- Remember that eBooks, audiobooks and comic/graphic novels can all be included on your log.
- Collect your prizes at the first floor Information Desk.
Logs can be obtained at the first floor Information Desk, the second floor Reference Desk, or you can print a copy from home! (No registration necessary)
Book prizes are funded by The Friends of the Urbana Free Library