December 19 - February 28
Let Us Read!
(for children through grade 5)
Pick up a reading log at the children's question desk or PRINT A COPY FROM HOME (no registration necessary).
Children through grade 5 are invited to sign up for the Winter Reading Program and receive free books – just for reading!
- Each time you read 15 minutes, color an empty snowflake.
- You can read anything---books, graphic novels, magazines, listen to audiobooks, TumbleBooks, or have someone read to you.
- When you have colored all of the empty snowflakes, return your reading log to the children's question desk by February 28 to receive a free book!
Winter Reading Resolution Bingo (teens and adults)
To obtain a Winter Reading Resolution Bingo log, stop by the first floor information desk or the second floor reference desk or PRINT A COPY FROM HOME (no registration necessary).
- Choose a row of five reading activities and keep track of your progress. Make it fun and make it challenging.
- One book can fulfill more than one activity, but you must read at least four books to complete a row.
- When you've completed a Bingo, teens bring your log to the first floor information desk and adults to the second floor reference desk by February 28 and choose from our cart of prize books.
- Then take another log and keep reading for more prizes!
Winter Reading Resolution Bingo (Teens and Adults) - PDF
Book prizes are funded by the Friends of The Urbana Free Library