The Urbana Free Library is accepting returns of Library materials!
1. Return items in plastic bags when possible.
2. Separate items by type when possible (books in one bag, movies/music in another, etc.).
Three convenient ways to return:
- During your scheduled Curbside Pickup appointment:
- Monday -- Thursday: 9:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- Friday -- Saturday: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Sunday: 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- To our outside returns in the Green Street parking lot 24/7. Any large or delicate items (vinyl, games, kits, and special collections) must be returned at Curbside Pickup appointments or inside the building instead of the outside returns.
- To return bins located by the Library's Information Desk on the first floor.
We will heat-treat or quarantine materials prior to check-in to ensure they are safe for staff and patrons to handle, so it may take up to 11 days for items to be removed from your Library account after they have been returned. We will waive overdue fees if your items go past their due dates while we quarantine them. Please do not attempt to clean or heat-treat items at home to prevent damage.