The Urbana Free Library is accepting returns of Library materials!
1. Return items in plastic bags when possible.
2. Separate items by type when possible (books in one bag, movies/music in another, etc.).
Three convenient ways to return:
- During your scheduled Curbside Pickup appointment:
- Monday -- Thursday: 9:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- Friday -- Saturday: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Sunday: 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- To our outside returns in the Green Street parking lot 24/7. Any large or delicate items (vinyl, games, kits, and special collections) must be returned at Curbside Pickup appointments or inside the building instead of the outside returns.
- To return bins located by the Library's Information Desk on the first floor when the Library is open to the public.
We will heat-treat or quarantine materials prior to check-in to ensure they are safe for staff and patrons to handle, so it may take up to 5 days for items to be removed from your Library account after they have been returned. **Note: We are only heat-treating A/V items (DVDs, CDs, Books on Disc) as of December 4, 2020. All other items are being quarantined and will remain on your account for up to 5 days. We will waive overdue fees if your items go past their due dates while we quarantine them. Please do not attempt to clean or heat-treat items at home to prevent damage.