You can access your library account 24 hours a day via CU Catalog. Just enter the barcode number printed on your library card and your password (usually the last four digits of your phone number), or you can create a username for easier login.
Once you are logged into your account, you can:
- See due dates for all items.
- View and pay fees.
- Request renewal of items.
- Place new hold requests.
- Suspend hold requests until a later date of your choice.
- View the status of current hold requests.
- Update your password, telephone number, or email address.
- Change your notice preferences. We suggest email or text for fastest notification.
- Create or update a username.
- Save and manage reading lists.
- Maintain your reading history. Select this option in your account preferences.
- Save favorite searches and have new results emailed to you.
Having problems accessing your library account? Here are some suggestions:
- Make sure you have the minimal level of cookies enabled.
- If you are using stored passwords on your computer, try retyping your password manually.
- On the login page, press CTRL+F5 to refresh and try again.
If you still are unable to access your account after trying all of the above suggestions, please call Circulation Services at 217-367-4057.
Learn more about receiving your Library notices via email, text, or phone.
Need to keep your items a little longer? Check out your renewal options.
Trying to keep track of all those items checked out by your children? Want a reminder before your library materials are due? Anxiously awaiting the arrival of your hold requests? Library ELF can help you.
The Urbana Free Library now offers a fast, convenient, easy way to pay your Library fees -- 24/7!
- Log in to your account through CU Catalog.
- Use PayPal, PayPal Credit, Visa/MasterCard, American Express, or Discover (minimum charge = $2.00).
The Library uses PayPal to process all online payments, but a PayPal account is not required.
The Urbana Free Library offers a payment plan for patrons who owe less than $100.00 in overdue and/or collection agency fees (Urbana Free Library and Champaign Public Library fees combined). Replacement fees are not eligible for payment plans. Patrons on payment plans pay $5.00 per checkout and are limited to 5 items per checkout until the fee balance reaches $10.00, when the limits are lifted. If additional overdue fees accrue during the payment plan, patrons are expected to pay $5.00 plus the newly accrued fees in order to check out again. Patrons may pay down fees at either UFL or CPL and then may check out at either library if adhering to their payment plan.