*In order to prioritize the health and safety of our patrons and staff, the Library has canceled all programs and meeting room reservations until May 15
Meeting Rooms Guideline
The Library offers an auditorium, a conference room, and two small study rooms. When not in use by the Library or the City, The Urbana Free Library welcomes the use of its meeting rooms by individuals or organizations for informational, educational, cultural, and civic meetings. Meeting rooms are available without charge to individuals, not-for-profit, and community groups.
Reserving the Auditorium or Conference Room
Reservations can be made online. You will receive an email to finalize and confirm your reservation. Your room is not reserved until you receive an email confirmation from the Library. If you have questions, please call the Question Desk at 217-367-4069.
The Lewis Auditorium and Satterthwaite Conference Room:
- May be reserved online up to six months in advance.
- Must be reserved at least 72 hours prior to the event.
- May have up to 6 meeting room reservations per group at any one time.
- No more than 2 events per week may be scheduled.
Cancellations can be made online with the reservation confirmation number or by calling the Question Desk at 217-367-4069.
Lewis Auditorium (Light refreshments allowed)
Location: Ground Floor
Max Occupancy: 130
Items Available for Use: 130 chairs, 38 tables (30 tables are 6 feet long; 8 tables are 5 feet long), a lectern, a projection screen, an audio-visual cart with an extension cord, a ceiling-mounted projector, and a small grand piano.
Satterthwaite Conference Room (Light refreshments allowed)
Location: Ground Floor
Max Occupancy: 18
Items Available for Use: 14 chairs, 5 tables (30" x 60")
Reserving the Study Rooms
Reservations can be made one week in advance at the second floor Reference Desk or by calling 217-367-4405.
- Study rooms may be reserved for two-hour blocks.
- The rooms can accommodate up to eight people.
- Rooms may be reserved up to one week in advance. In general, a patron is able to make two study room reservations per week. (Anyone with special circumstances can appeal to the Department Head).
- A patron’s time begins when the reservation time begins or when they enter the room (whichever comes first).
- Whenever possible, please give 24 hour cancellation notice so that the room is available for others.
- If no one arrives to claim a room reservation, the room will be open to others after fifteen minutes.
- If the room is vacant, a patron who has already had the room twice in the week may use it; however, they may be asked to leave if another patron makes a reservation to use the room.
- The study rooms will be cleared fifteen minutes before closing time to allow staff time to conduct closing procedures.
Study Rooms (Covered drinks only, no food allowed)
Items Available for Use: chairs, a table, and a white board
Location: 2nd Floor
Max Occupancy: 8