English Brothers Company began the repair of the 100-year old Race Street terrace on Monday, November 12. The work is scheduled to be completed by the end of January, weather permitting. Thank you to The Urbana Free Library Foundation and our generous community for their support of this project!
We apologize for the inconvenience, noise, and dust. Here is the tentative schedule:
- November 12 - 23: Contractors will remove the railing from the terrace.
- November 25: Both the sidewalk along Race Street and the Library’s Race Street entrance will be closed, and they will remain closed until the project is completed.
- November 25 - 28: Contractors will be removing the concrete terrace, and it will be NOISY!
- December 3 - 4: Race Street in front of Library closed for forklift work. Please use Green Street entrance!
- December 5 - end of December: Contractors will assemble the new terrace floor.
- January 7 - completion: Reset and secure stones on the existing stone face of the outer railing. Rail installation. Expected to take 2 1/2 to 3 weeks, weather permitting.
There will be more information to follow. Questions? Please ask!
You can follow along with us via the posts on our Facebook page.