The Teen Open Lab Volunteer works with teens using the lab’s technology and craft supplies to construct different projects that interest them.
• Assisting with the 3D printers and vinyl cutters
• Assisting with sewing, basic computer questions, drawing tablets, and troubleshooting gaming systems
• Packing up the Teen Open Lab when it closes
• Helping teens with crafting and technology projects
• Keeping the space orderly and organized
• Contributing to a supportive, safe, fun, and creative environment for teens
• One 2-hour or 2-and-a-half hour time block from 3:00 - 5:00 or 3:00 - 5:30 p.m. on Monday, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, or Thursdays
• Must be at least 14 years old
• Must be willing to learn new technologies and crafts
Training and Support
• Orientation and training will be provided.
Benefits of Volunteering as a Teen Open Lab Volunteer
• You will gain work experience for your resume.
• You will learn a set of technology and crafting skills that are different from traditional computer skills.
• You can earn community hours for your high school requirements.