The Material Finding Volunteer provides assistance in finding items in the collection from a list of titles provided.
• Diligently searching for materials from a printed list to be processed by Library employees
• Thinking ‘outside the box’ and searching in multiple locations for hard-to-find items
• One 2-hour shift per week
• Attention to detail and tenacity
• Must be able to be on your feet for the entire shift
• Regular attendance and scheduling strongly encouraged
Training and Support
• Orientation and training will be provided.
Benefits of Volunteering as a Material Finding Volunteer
• This position will satisfy your inner sleuth.
• You will learn more about the Library collection.
• You will get to know Library staff and receive their gratitude for finding items.