The Library always has a list of small cleaning and repair jobs that need attention. The person interested in helping with small maintenance tasks must have an open mind and sense of adventure. The perfect candidate for this position must love the Zen of busy-work, have some skill-based experience with small tools, and solve problems creatively.
• Cleaning and wiping surfaces, vacuuming carpets, and other general cleaning or repair tasks
• One day a week
• One afternoon a week
• One hour or several hours a week
• Ability to follow direction
• Willingness to work inside or outside with direction
• Willingness to perform simple cleaning tasks
• Comfort with small hand tools and equipment
• Ability to bend, stretch, and lift heavy objects occasionally
Training and Support
• Orientation and training will be provided.
Benefits of Volunteering as a Maintenance/Cleaning Volunteer
• You will gain satisfaction by completing tasks around the Library that improve overall Library atmosphere.
• You will have the opportunity to give back to the community.
• You will enjoy the appreciation of a friendly staff.