Urbana residents who are unable to visit the Library and who have signed up for Home Delivery will be assigned to an Item Selector Volunteer, and they will work together to select Library materials for delivery each week.
• Reviewing item preferences
• Communicating for future selections
• Using the online catalog and accessing the collection in the Library
• Completing selection tasks within a specific time frame
• 1-2 hours per week
• Knowledge of Library materials
• Ability to use the Library catalog
• Kindness, patience, flexibility, and responsibility
• Understanding for aged and disabled patrons
Training and Support
• Orientation and training will be provided.
Benefits of Volunteering as a Home Delivery Volunteer - Item Selector
• You will learn more about Library collections and services.
• You will help people who really need you.