The Library’s outdoor spaces and gardens need regular maintenance under the guidance of the Library’s administration. No experience is required because gardening is generally done with other volunteers who will offer direction and support.
Special interest in miniature plants, fairy garden décor, and polymer clay design might be a special division of this position.
• One or two hours per week
• Regular attendance appreciated
• No skills required but gardening skills welcome
• Must love sunshine and warm weather outdoor activity
• Must be prepared to dig in the soil and get dirty (please bring your own garden gloves)
• Garden tools provided if you don’t bring your favorite tools with you
Training and Support
• Orientation and training will be provided.
Benefits of Volunteering as a Gardening/Fairy Garden Volunteer
• You will be surrounded by sunshine, fresh air, and friendly people.
• You will learn about the feeding and care of plants and garden design.