The Computer Lab Volunteer assists the Library staff in helping patrons use the Library’s computer lab, scanner, and copier in the Flex-n-Gate Computer Center on the second floor.
• Assisting with:
• computer logins,
• simple computer tasks,
• signup for email accounts or other online accounts,
• and accessing the wide variety of online databases
• Troubleshooting computer, printer, scanner, and copy machine issues
• Minimum one 2-hour shift per week
• Must be at least 14 years old
• Must have basic knowledge of PC computers, basic knowledge of Microsoft products, and the Internet
• Must be friendly and patient
Training and Support
• Orientation and training will be provided.
Benefits of Volunteering as a Technology Volunteer
• You will gain work experience for your resume.
• You will sharpen your technology skills by teaching others.
• You can earn community hours for your high school requirements.