The Circulation Services Volunteer puts carts of Library materials and audiovisual selection cards in order. The volunteer might also work in the New Book Room, maintain signage in the movie and music selection area, or shift the collection as directed. Other duties might include clerical tasks or inventory. This position is a ‘soup’ of assistance, as needed.
• Putting shelving carts in order
• Putting audiovisual selection cards in order by call number
• Cleaning, dusting, and placing signs as directed throughout the collection
• Shifting books
• Other duties as assigned
• One or two hours a week minimum
• Ability to work independently with minimal direction, once trained
• Must be skilled at alphabetizing and putting items in numerical order
• Neatness and organizational skills strongly recommended
Training and Support
• Orientation and training will be provided.
Benefits of Volunteering as a Circulation Services Volunteer
• You will see the wide variety of Library materials available to everyone.
• Make new friends and get immediate satisfaction from assisting staff.