The Children’s Area Volunteer assists the librarians in keeping Children’s Area orderly and clean. Now and then, they are asked to assist with special projects and events. Generally, volunteers do not have direct contact with the public.
• Preparing materials for the librarians
• Putting carts of materials in order
• Pulling books from a printed list of titles
• Helping with programs
• Cleaning book covers
• Cleaning toys
• Dusting shelves
• Refreshing book displays
• One 2-hour shift Tuesday-Saturday
• Must be at least 14 years old
• Must accept dusting and cleaning duties
• Please like children and be joyful in their company
Training and Support
• Orientation and training will be provided.
Benefits of Volunteering as a Children’s Area Volunteer
• You will gain work experience for your resume.
• You will discover children’s interests at the Library.
• You can earn community hours for your high school requirements.