The Library is looking for chess players willing to challenge and to learn from Chess Club enthusiasts. The club currently meets in the Library on Saturdays from 3:30-5:00 p.m. in Children’s Services. Skilled and not-so-skilled opponents who are willing to outwit one another are encouraged to apply.
• Playing chess
• Patience and kindness for less-skilled players required
• Every Saturday between 3:30 and 5:00 p.m.
• A comfort level with children and sometimes chaotic environments very important
• An understanding of the rules of chess and knowing how to play the game
• All ages welcome!
Training and Support
• Orientation and training will be provided.
Benefits of Volunteering as a Chess Club Volunteer
• You will have fun practicing the game of chess.
• You will gain a deep appreciation for the cleverness of a young generation of chess players.