A bibliography is a list of materials on a particular subject or by a specific author. For example, a librarian might create a bibliography on the subject of Classic Movies, Rock Gardens, or Award-Winning Books. The Bibliography Checking Volunteer will be responsible for reviewing the list for accuracy in a variety of ways.
• Checking the list against the Library catalog of currently available items
• Locating items for special displays
• Spell-checking and call number checking
• Other duties assigned to keep the bibliography up-to-date
• One day a week, or
• One afternoon a week
• Proofing and editing experience encouraged
• A basic knowledge of books, music, and movies is a plus
• Comfort using computers and navigating the Library catalog necessary
Training and Support
• Orientation and training will be provided.
Benefits of Volunteering as a Bibliography Checking Volunteer
• You will gain a greater appreciation for material selection tools.
• You will be able to practice proofreading and editing skills.
• You will gain experience that might be useful on a resume.