Acquisitions is where new Library collections are received and older Library materials are retired. This position is a general assistance position that might involve a variety of tasks.
• Processing books retired from the collection
• Replacing faded labels
• Shifting collections
• Other clerical tasks
• One to two hours per week
• Accuracy and an eye for detail
• Ability to perform repetitive tasks
• Organizational skills
• Manual dexterity
Training and Support
• Orientation and training will be provided.
Benefits of Volunteering as an Acquisitions Volunteer
• It’s fun to see all the new materials in a behind-the-scenes setting.
• You will work closely with a variety of Library staff.