You must present
- Proof of who you are
- Proof of where you live
- Your complete birth date (month/day/year)
For cards issued to children through grade five (not yet enrolled in sixth grade), parents must present their own identification and verification of address on behalf of their children.
For 1: Please present an officially printed, unexpired identification card with your name and photo, such as:
- Driver’s license
- State identification card (non-driver ID)
- School or university ID
- Employer ID
- MTD picture ID (cannot be used as proof of address)
- Military ID card
- Permanent resident card (green card)
- Consulate ID card
For 2: If your identification card has no address or an out-of-date address, in addition to your ID you must present some proof of current address,* such as:
- Mail postmarked within the last 30 days (preferably a bill)
- Listing in current phone or online directory
- Apartment lease
- Mortgage book
- Recent pay stub (within the last 30 days)
* A library card, or any of the above, in the name of a family member can be accepted as proof of address, as long as we can reasonably connect you to that family member.
If you have no proof of current address, we can mail your library card to you.
For more information, contact Circulation Services at 217-367-4057.