Patrons of The Urbana Free Library can choose from a collection of thousands of free audiobooks and eBooks from MyMediaMall. The Libby app – which has many new and convenient features – is now available to use when accessing this collection.
- No late fees
- Available 24/7
- Download books and audiobooks for offline reading, or stream them to save space.
- If you prefer reading on your Kindle, the Libby app can send your library books to it.
- Positions, bookmarks and notes are kept in sync across devices.
- Most users should download the new Libby app from their device’s app store (recommended for users on Android, iOS, or Windows 10 devices). The original OverDrive app is still available and supported but for most devices the Libby app is an easier, more convenient choice.
- The collection can also be viewed by going to the Library’s My Media Mall website (for any user on a Windows or Mac computer).
Log in to browse the collection
- In the app or on the website, select The Urbana Free Library by scrolling through the list of libraries, or by entering the zip code or city and state.
- Enter the 13-digit Urbana Free Library card number and PIN number (usually the last four digits of your phone number).
- Browse for downloadable eBooks or Audiobooks. Then choose the “borrow” option or place holds on titles. Patrons of The Urbana Free Library can check out up to 5 titles at a time.
- Enjoy eBooks and audiobooks immediately online, download them for offline use, or send borrowed eBooks to a Kindle device for the duration of the lending period.
- Borrowed titles can also be transferred titles from a computer to compatible eReaders or mp3 players.
Both the app and the MyMediaMall site have “help” sections and tips for users. Staff can also answer questions and help patrons get started with their device. Simply visit one of the service desks or call 217-367-4405. Library staff are here to help!
11 / 17