Download free movies, TV episodes, music albums, audiobooks, eBooks, and comics/graphic novels to your own device using two different services-- My Media Mall (from Overdrive) and Hoopla. You’ll never get a late fee and you can do it from home (or anywhere you have an Internet connection).
• My Media Mall offers thousands of eBooks and audiobooks for all ages that can be downloaded to your computer, eReader, tablet, smart phone, mp3 player or other device.
• Get started by downloading the easy-to-use Libby app. You can also browse the collection through the My Media Mall website or through the CU Catalog.
• All Overdrive titles (whether you checked out from the Libby app, the My Media Mall website or the CU Catalog) and their due dates will appear in your online library account alongside your other library items.
- Hoopla offers nearly half a million titles, in six different formats: movies, TV show episodes, music albums, audiobooks, eBooks, and comics/graphic novels. All formats can be accessed in one location, from your computer, tablet, smartphone, or TV.
- Titles are always available – No hold lists!
- Video lends for 3 days. Music lends for 7 days. eBooks, audiobooks, and comics/graphic novels lend for 21 days.
- Search all titles through the app or your computer. You will not see them in the Library catalog or in your online Library account.
You can call the Library for help at 217-367-4405 or stop by the reference desk to find out more or get help downloading the apps.
Other Sources for Free eBooks and Audiobooks
Project Gutenberg offers over 45,000 free eBooks. Choose among free epub books, free Kindle books and download them or read them online.
Internet Archives Digital Book Collections offer over 6,000,000 fully accessible public domain eBooks
Libravox offers free public domain audio books read by volunteers from around the world.