For many years, the Library has provided fascinating and information-packed magazines in glossy, paper format. We are pleased to also offer unlimited online access to many of these titles and more.
The Urbana Free Library and RBdigital (formerly Zinio for Libraries) have partnered to offer full-color digital magazines. Check out new and back issues with no holds, no loan periods, and no limits. You can read magazines online on your computer or mobile browser, or use the RBdigital app to download them to your tablet or mobile device. You can even sign up to be notified when the next issues of your favorite titles are available.
Set Up Your Account
- Go to The Urbana Free RBdigital Library Magazines website to create your account.
- On the “RBdigital Magazines” page, click the “Create New Account” link on the upper right corner.
- If you sign up outside the library, you will need to enter your library card number.
- Create your account with your email address and a password. You’ll use them to access RBdigital in the future.
Read magazines after you’ve created your account:
- Click on the image & link at the top of this page to login and check out magazines.
- Or, you can bookmark our RBdigital Magazines collection page and go there directly: https://www.rbdigital.com/urbanafreeil/
- Once you’ve activated your account, you can read RBdigital magazines streaming online through a web browser or offline on your smartphone or tablet.
Read magazines online in your web browser
- To read a digital magazine from your web browser, login and find a magazine you wish to read. Click on the cover. You’ll have the opportunity to check the issue out. And, if you scroll down, you’ll see available back issues.
- Once you've successfully checked out an issue, simply click on the blue “Start Reading” button—that’s it! A viewing screen will open and you can instantly read your magazine.
Read Magazines offline on your phone or tablet.
- Install the RBdigital mobile app. You’ll be able to download and read magazines on 95% of today's mobile devices, including iOS (Apple®), Android™, and Kindle Fire™/HD/HDX.
- The app is available on the iPhone App Store, and Google Play, and on the Kindle Fire™ App Store.
- Log on to the app with your email address and password to choose, download, and read your magazines.
Information for readers who downloaded magazines under RBdigital’s previous name, Zinio for Libraries:
- The Zinio for Libraries app will remain on your device until you delete it. When you delete the old app, all downloaded magazines will be removed from your device, freeing up memory.
- The new RBdigital app will provide access to all the magazines you checked out previously. You haven’t lost them. But if you still want all or certain issues on your device, you will need to download them again.
- The RBDigital User Guide (pdf instructions) gives basic instructions.
- Library staff are always happy to answer your RBDigital questions or help you get started. Simply call at 217-367-4405 or drop by the reference desk when you visit the Library.