Looking for a good book?
- Children's Picks
- Would you like to tell us about a book you read?
- NoveList K-8 Plus - Fiction & nonfiction booklists, what to read next, grades K-8.
- TumbleBooks - Animated, read-along and audio books (picture, early reader and advance reader) in English, Spanish and French. It also includes National Geographic videos, puzzles and games in all three languages.
- International Children's Digital Library - Free online children's books from around the world.
- Red Clover Reader - Allows you to read online with friends and family across the globe. See your reading partner face to face, turn the pages of the same book, circle words, point to a picture or share a doodle no matter how far apart you are. Choose from a unique selection of fun stories focusing on diversity, social-emotional learning and inclusion.
Explore & Learn
- Early World of Learning - Early World of Learning is geared for emergent and beginning readers with Read-Aloud Books in English and in Spanish, Print and Do Activities, a wide variety of videos and easily navigable games that reinforce reading comprehension. Early World of Learning is iPad Optimized for a fun on the go app.
- World Book Kids - Kids features easy-to-read articles, thousands of images and videos as well as a wealth of engaging games, science projects, and activities
- EBSCO Primary Search - Full-text magazine articles, grades K-8.
- Fact Monster from Information Please Almanac. - An almanac, dictionary, atlas, and encyclopedia online for the answers to tons of questions.
Display Your Stuff!
- Do you collect rocks? Legos? Dolls? Stickers?
- Would you like to show your collection to other kids?
- We have six display cases in the children's department just the right size for your collection.
- To sign-up, email us at email@example.com or call 217-367-4069.
- PBS Kids - Have fun with your favorite PBS characters: Barney, Elmo, Arthur, Clifford, and more.
- Dav Pilkey's Extra-Crunchy Website o' Fun - Don't miss this site of fun activities and groovy games.
- Funbrain.com - Try "Math Baseball," "Grammar Gorillas," and lots of other educational games.
- Magic School Bus - Games, quizzes and fun trips with Ms. Frizzle.
- National Geographic Kids - Interactive adventures, geography mazes, mystery photos, and more.
- Official Roald Dahl Website - Games and other fun stuff from Dahl's books.
- Seussville Games - Lots of fun games with Dr. Seuss characters.
- ABCmouse - Games and puzzles designed around an award-winning curriculum