The Library's music collection is notable for both its breadth and depth. From the latest chart-topper to historic recordings of Paraguayan flute music, we’ve got it covered. Baroque to avant-garde, opera to rap, ragtime to modern jazz, classic to forgotten; a musical extravaganza awaits!
CD Collection Highlights
Bach, Vivaldi, Corelli, and more.
- Chicago Blues
Urban blues from the Windy City.
- Daptone Records
Soul music from around the world.
- Eccentric Soul
Numero Group series of 60s and 70s soul. Each CD features a specific label from this era.
An especially deep and broad collection of music from around the globe.
- Mojo presents
A monthly sampler of deep cuts from the past and today.
- Music in Our Community
Music stores, record shops, festivals, live music venues. Also, check out the library's extensive collection of local music.
- The Roots of American Music
Early American music traditions from blues to zydeco.
- Rough Guide Series
From African groove to psychedelic salsa, a great starting point for exploring different music from all over the world.
Watch and Read
- Allmusic - Comprehensive music information including recommendations, reviews, and biographies.
- BBC 6 Music - Listen to streaming music live from the UK.
- Little Records- Alternative music with a local flavor.
- National Jukebox - Historical recordings from the Library of Congress.
- WFMU - Alternative Music.
- WWOZ radio - Listen to streaming music live from New Orleans.