With an updated mission that defines the library as “a welcoming place with space, collections, technology, and staff dedicated to fostering literacy and a strong community,” there is a wide array of opportunities in the strategic plan to engage and excite the community.
Such initiatives may include:
- Increased seating areas for reading and connecting to WiFi
- Spaces for patrons to collaborate, create, and share content
- New and popular materials in various formats
- DVDs and other media on public browsing shelves
- More circulating eReaders and eBooks
- Programs for children and their parents that promote literacy
- Laptops available to parents for use in Children's Services
- Self-checkout stations for borrowing library materials
What happens next? We’re just at the beginning, but as transitions occur we will post information on this site—so keep checking back.