The Champaign County Historical Archives is open:
Monday - Saturday | 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday | 9:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Sunday | 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
The department is closed on the same holidays as the library. Call 217-367-4025 for further information.
Location and Contact Information
The Champaign County Historical Archives
is located on the second floor of The Urbana Free Library.
Champaign County Historical Archives
The Urbana Free Library
210 West Green Street
Urbana, Illinois 61801-5326
• From Interstate 74, exit south on Route 45 (Cunningham Avenue).
• Continue 1½ miles on Cunningham Avenue. Cunningham Avenue will become Vine Street at the University Avenue intersection.
• One block south of Main Street, turn right (west) on Elm Street.
• Continue west on Elm Street until you reach Race Street.
• Turn left (south) on Race Street and turn right (west) on Green Street.
• The entrance to the library parking lot is at the center of the block.