Parents & Teachers
We love working with parents and teachers!
- Teacher Holds Service. We will select materials and have them waiting for you! How do you start? Just complete our Online Teacher Request Form or print the PDF version.
- Classroom and school visits: booktalking, storytelling, content area connections, family nights and more.
- Tours and special events.
- Display space for artwork and other school projects.
- Kits for your classroom: Choose from Hands-on Literacy and Math Kits, Exploration Kits, and Field Trip Backpacks.
- Extended check-out for extended units in your classroom.
- Novelist K-8 for read-alikes, books by reading level, and your next read-aloud. Available in the Library or at home with a Library card.
- Streaming music recordings, scores and dance footage with Alexander Street Music.
- Digital downloads for Ebooks and Audiobooks. Available in the Library or at home with a Library card.
- Students online: reading practice through Tumblebooks and language learning with Muzzy. Available in the Library or at home with a Library card.
- Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 217-367-4069. We look forward to working with you!
Some of our favorite websites:
- Exploratorium - explores the world through art, science and human perception.
- Museums at the Crossroads - A guide to museums in Champaign County.
- Netsmartz - A guide to internet safety for your family, developed by the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children and the Boys & Girls Clubs of America.
- Parenting 24/7 - Support for parenting and family life from The University of Illinois Extension.
- Reading Rockets - Tips and tools for reading at home and in the classroom
- Schools Online - Science lessons from the University of Illinois Extension.