My Media Mall (from Overdrive)
The Urbana Free Library patrons can download free audiobooks and eBooks through MyMediaMall (powered by the OverDrive software)
- No late fees
- Available 24/7
- Learn more at www.mymediamall.net
- Questions? Call a librarian at 217-367-4405 for more help.
What You Need
- An Internet connection via PC, Mac, or select mobile devices.
- A valid library card.
- Free, required software available by clicking the link “Software” at the bottom of the MyMediaMall homepage.
- For audiobooks on PC, Mac, and mobile devices, use OverDrive Media Console
- For PDF and EPUB eBooks on PC, Mac, and many eBook devices, use Adobe Digital Editions software (Remember the first time you download an eBook you will need to register with Adobe Digital Editions
- For Kindle eBooks, follow the links to the Amazon website for checkout; you will need your Amazon account information.
How It Works
Step 1: Go to MyMediaMall
- Start at the library’s website: urbanafreelibrary.org
- Choose the tab for “eResources” and “eBooks and More”
- Click on the MyMediaMall icon
Step 2: Log in
- Log into your account by choosing Urbana Free Library and typing in your library card number and PIN number
Step 3: Browse
- Search the site by format and category or use advanced search to look for title, author, or keyword.
- Use the “Available Now” button or place a hold on an item. (You can have up to five items on hold, and you will receive an email when items you request become available.)
Step 4: Borrow
- Click on “borrow” and then view the item on your bookshelf. You may be prompted to choose the format you want.
- You can check out five items at a time.
Step 5: Download
- You can read books directly in your browser or you can download to a variety of devices, including Kindle, iPod, NOOK, and others.
- Click “Download” for audiobooks and EPUB books, or “Get for Kindle” for Kindle books.
After Checkout, most titles can be enjoyed on a device such as a Kindles, iPods, NOOKs, or Sony Readers.
- For eReader devices: open “Adobe Digital Editions” and drag and drop the title onto the device name on the left panel. After the transfer is complete, you may disconnect your device and enjoy your title on the go.
- For audio and video: open “OverDrive Media Console”, select your title and click “Transfer” to launch the “Transfer Wizard.” Follow the prompts to complete the transfer process.
- For Kindle: Click “Get for Kindle” to retrieve your download from amazon.com. Select the “Kindle” or Kindle reading app in which to deliver the title.
What about Apps?
Yes, there are lots of great apps for all kinds of devices that make checking titles out fast and easy. Go to “Help” on the MyMediaMall site and search apps for more info.
Go to “Help” on the MyMediaMall site or ask a librarian (either at the Adult Services reference desk or by calling 217-367-4405). We’re here to help!
01 / 14