The library offers free access to computer workstations as part of its mission to serve the informational, educational, and recreational needs of library users.
To safeguard your security, to log in to public computers, you will need your library card and PIN or picture your ID and PIN provided by staff,
By using computer workstations or personal laptop computers at the library, users automatically agree to abide by the library’s online computer user agreement.
For your convenience, flashdrives ($10.00) and earbuds ($2.00) are available for sale in the Flex-n-Gate Computer Center.
In the Flex-n-Gate Computer Center, you will find
- Computer workstations with Internet access, MS office applications, and digital media software.
- Dedicated workstations for seniors, adults-only, and multi-person use.
- Access to online resources to help you with research or your homework.
- Free computer help from staff and technology volunteers.
Other Computers in the Library
- Parent workstations in Children's Services for adults and caregivers accompanied by young children.
- Internet workstations in Children's Services for those under the age of 8 (accompanied by a caregiver, age 14 or older).
- Workstations with popular educational games in Children's Services for those in grades 5 and under.
- Workstations in the Champaign County Historical Archives for local history and genealogy research.
- Express Internet workstations (15-minute access), located by the library cafe.
For those with personal laptop computers, the library provides free wireless access to the Internet throughout the building, on Cherry Alley, and on the Race Street porch. If you experience problems with connecting or with speed while using the library’s wireless access, please notify library staff. The library’s wireless access is not on a secure network, unless you are connected to a website that employs encryption. Please keep this in mind if you are conducting sensitive business or accessing personal information online.