You can access your library account 24-7 via CU Catalog
You will need to enter the barcode number printed on your library card and your password (generally the last four digits of the phone number you provided), or you can create a username for easier login.
Once you are logged in, you can:
- See due dates for all items on your account.
- View fines on your account.
- Request renewal of items.
- Place new hold requests.
- View the status of current hold requests.
- Update your password, telephone number, or email address.
- Create or update a username.
- Save and manage reading lists.
- Save favorite searches and have new results emailed to you.
Having problems accessing your library account? Here are some suggestions:
- Make sure you have the minimal level of cookies enabled.
- If you are using stored passwords on your computer, try retyping your password manually.
- On the login page, press CTRL+F5 to refresh and try again.
If you still are unable to access your account after trying all of the above suggestions, please call Circulation Services at 217-367-4057.
You can receive notification by email, phone, or text when hold requests arrive or when items are overdue. (Your carrier's charges will apply if you choose to receive text message notification.) You can change your method of notification through your online account, in person at Circulation Services on the main floor of the library, or by calling 217-367-4057. Email and text notifications to children below grade six must go to a parent or guardian.
Having problems receiving email notices for hold requests and overdue reminders? Here are a few tips:
- Check your Spam folder. If necessary, add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book to ensure your email provider recognizes it as a legitimate address.
- Check your library account online or ask Circulation Services to make sure we have your current email address.
Failure to receive a courtesy or overdue notice does not constitute cause for removal or reduction of fees. To make certain your materials are returned on time and to avoid late fees, please check the due dates in your online account or ask for a receipt.
Trying to keep track of all those items checked out by your children? Want a reminder before your library materials are due? Anxiously awaiting the arrival of your hold requests? Library ELF can help you.
With Library ELF, you can receive and view:
- Email and/or RSS alerts before items are due.
- Email and/or RSS alerts on overdues and hold requests.
- Cell phone text messages for holds. (Your carrier's charges will apply.)
- A consolidated list of your and your family’s loans and holds.
- Consolidated information for cards from multiple libraries on one account (ELF may assess a fee for inclusion of U of I or libraries other than The Urbana Free Library or Champaign Public Library).
- Due dates of library materials in a convenient calendar format.
To sign up:
Visit Library ELF and click on the Sign Up link to create your ELF account. Library ELF is free for Urbana cardholders. You will be required to enter your name, email address, library card number(s), and any corresponding passwords.
- Library ELF is an independent service not affiliated with The Urbana Free Library. Users must submit personal information, including library card numbers, to an independent company and do so at their own option and risk.
- Any interruption in ELF service does not excuse participants from late fees when materials are returned late.