Looking for something to do? Check out our fun programming line-up for October!
It’s time for the 2nd annual ZOMBIE PROM, from 6:00 – 8:30 p.m. on October 25th! This year’s theme is “A Nightmare on Elm Street,” which is quite fitting since you’ll enter the library at our Elm Street back ramp entrance.
At ZOMBIE PROM, we’ll have punch, snacks, a photo booth, and a DJ. It will be just like a regular prom—but everything will be Zombified! Show up in Zombie Costume and we will help with makeup. Start planning your costume now!
- This is an after-hours event. To enter the library, please use the Elm Street ramp entrance (across from Busey Bank).
- Photo ID required for entrance, or with special permission from the Teen Services librarians.
- The UMS and UHS “Good Night Rule” will be enforced.
TEEN OPEN LAB – As always, most Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 3-5:30 come to the Lewis Auditorium for Teen Open Lab! What do we do at the lab? We have all kinds of cool stuff to get into including 3D printing, Music Production, Video production, Video gaming, Drawing, and more.
- 3D Printer: uses ABS plastic to build up a 3D object that you design. We can even use a hacked Xbox Kinect to scan ourselves and make small statues. To see more about 3D printing check out these videos:
- Vinyl cutter- Make stencils, popups, stickers, temp tattoos, and more. We can scan your drawings and create unique art!
- Media creation- We have cameras, laptops, and editing software. Make a stop motion animation video! Use production software to create films, posters, book covers and more. We also have guitars and a recording booth, so if you have an idea for a song, come on down and we’ll record you. No experience necessary.
2ND SATURDAY VIDEO GAME DAY—Join us at this monthly game day from 2:00 – 4:30 p.m. in the Lewis Auditorium. Various consoles and games available, as well as table tennis and fun games like Jenga, Uno, and Phase 10. And as always, FREE PIZZA!
MAKER MONDAY -- The 4th Monday of most months, MAKER MONDAY is held from 4:00 – 5:00 p.m. in the Lewis Auditorium. Collaborating with Makerspace Urbana, each month we’ll work on fun, techy, unique creations which you will get to take with you! Past projects at the library include PVC didgeridoo; Star Wars paper snowflakes; tin foil art; bubble painting; blinky-badges; and, a paper airplane competition.
-- Amber & Joel, the Teen Librarians