You can access your library account 24 hours a day via CU Catalog. Just enter the barcode number printed on your library card and your password (usually the last four digits of your phone number), or you can create a username for easier login.
Once you are logged into your account, you can:
- See due dates for all items.
- View and pay fees.
- Request renewal of items.
- Place new hold requests.
- Suspend hold requests until a later date of your choice.
- View the status of current hold requests.
- Update your password, telephone number, or email address.
- Change your notice preferences. We suggest email or text for fastest notification.
- Create or update a username.
- Save and manage reading lists.
- Maintain your reading history.
- Save favorite searches and have new results emailed to you.
Having problems accessing your library account? Here are some suggestions:
- Make sure you have the minimal level of cookies enabled.
- If you are using stored passwords on your computer, try retyping your password manually.
- On the login page, press CTRL+F5 to refresh and try again.
If you still are unable to access your account after trying all of the above suggestions, please call Circulation Services at 217-367-4057.
Learn more about receiving your Library notices via email, text, or phone.
Need to keep your items a little longer? Check out your renewal options.
Trying to keep track of all those items checked out by your children? Want a reminder before your library materials are due? Anxiously awaiting the arrival of your hold requests? Library ELF can help you.
The Urbana Free Library now offers a fast, convenient, easy way to pay your Library fees -- 24/7!
- Log in to your account through CU Catalog.
- Use PayPal, PayPal Credit, Visa/MasterCard, American Express, or Discover (minimum charge = $2.00).
The Library uses PayPal to process all online payments, but a PayPal account is not required.