This Month at The Urbana Free Library Goes Digital. No More Paper!
Over the past year, it has become apparent that the library’s monthly, paper newsletter has become less popular and our website newsletter has become more popular. As such, we’ve decided to go paperless! Here’s more information about the switch and how you can continue to stay informed about library programs, events, services, and resources:
- Beginning in January 2014, the Web version of the library newsletter will be posted on the website on the 25th of each month.
- The popular paper calendar of children’s programs will still be printed monthly and will also be available online.
- Still to be determined—we’re in discussion with the Friends and the Foundation about a quarterly newsletter that will outline news and events specific to their activities and fund-raising initiatives.
Get Notified by Email When the Current Newsletter Is Available on Our Website
- Go to urbanafreelibrary.org, the home page of the library’s website.
- Under “Calendar of Events,” select “Full calendar.”
- At the top of the page, select the prompt to “To sign-up for E-notification of Events.”
- Enter your email address and select “Continue.”
- Enter your first and last name and use the pull-down “Event Type” menu to select events you would like to stay informed about. You can select as many or as few as you prefer.
- Select “Save” and you’re done!
Questions? Give us a call at 217-367-4057.