For many years, the Library has provided hundreds of fascinating and information-packed magazines in glossy, paper format. Now we are pleased to offer unlimited online access to many of these titles and more.
With your Urbana Free Library card and our partnership with Zinio Digital Magazines, issues are available 24/7. You can read them online, download them to your computer, or use apps to display your choices on your tablet or mobile device. Subscribe to titles so you’re notified when new issues are available.
Zinio is now easier to use! Single Account – Browse – Check Out – Read – Download – Keep
Set Up Your Account
- Go to The Urbana Free Zinio Library access website, to create your account.
- You can reach the Zinio collection from The Urbana Free Library digital magazines web page, or bookmark the link above to visit directly.
- Pick out a magazine to check out or click the "log in" button in the upper right-hand corner of the Zinio Magazine Collection page. The "Log in" box will appear. Log in if you have an account; otherwise, click the link to create your new account.
Read Magazines in Your Web Browser
- There are several ways to read Zinio digital magazines—streaming online through a web browser like Internet Explorer, or offline on your smartphone or tablet.
- To read a digital magazine from your web browser, find a magazine you wish to read. If it's new, click on the cover; if it's older, click on the circled button to check it out. Once you've successfully checked out an issue, simply click on the blue “Start Reading” button—that’s it!
Read Magazines offline on your phone or tablet:
- To read Zinio magazines on your smartphone or tablet, you must install the Zinio for Libraries application on your device. Follow the appropriate link below, or simply use the appropriate app store for your device (iTunes, Google Play, Kindle App store), to find, download, and install the Zinio for Libraries app.
- iPad | iPhone | Android | Kindle HD/HDX
- Once you have downloaded the appropriate app for your device, to log into your Zinio account, select The Urbana Free Public Library from the list of libraries, and enter your library card number. After that, you will be able to access and download magazines on your device through your app.
- For quicker access, you can bookmark the page once you have created an account.
- To read the free magazines the Library subscribes to, you must check them out from The Urbana Free Library Zinio access portal.
- (Zinio is a company that sells digital magazines to individuals, besides partnering with libraries. www.zinio.com is the purchase-only website for the company.)
- If you want to use Zinio on your smartphone or device, make sure that you are using the Zinio for Libraries app, and not simply the Zinio app.
Library staff are always happy to answer your Zinio questions or help you get started. Just give us a call at 217-367-4405 or drop by the reference desk when you visit the Library.
The Zinio User Guide and the video listed below may also help.